Alston it a hamlet in the parish of Overbury, in Worcestershire, from which it is distant 4 ½ miles south-east, and 5 south-west from Winchcomb, in the hundred of Oswaldslow, Union of Winchcomb. There is a chapel of ease to Overbury. The population, in 1851, was 89. Alston was formerly in Worcestershire; but under the Act of 7 & 8 Victoria, cap. 61, was transferred to Gloucestershire.
Cotterell Joseph, farmer
Hyatt William, farmer
Potter William, farmer
Roberts Edmund & Henry, farmers
Letters received through Winchcomb, which is also the nearest money order office.
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.