Alstone Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876
Alstone is a hamlet of the parish of Overbury, in Worcestershire, in Winchcomb union, containing by the census of 1861, 96, and in 1871, 84 inhabitants, and with the hamlet of Little Washbourne, 1060 acres; in the upper division of Kiftsgate hundred, East Gloucestershire; 4 ½ miles south-east from Overbury, and 5 south-west from Winchcomb. It was formerly in Worcestershire, but by an Act of the 7th and 8th Vic. Chap. 61, it was transferred to Gloucestershire. It contains a chapel-of-ease to Overbury. Samuel Gist, Esq., is the principal owner of the soil. The rateable value of this parish is £881.
Trades and Professions.
Banning Robert, farmer
Beeve John, farmer
Peart William, farmer
Roberts Edmund, farmer
Winchcomb is the post town and nearest money order office
Source: Morris & Co.’s commercial Directory & Gazetteer of Gloucestershire with Bristol and Monmouth. Second Edition. Hounds Gate, Nottingham. 1876.