Avenbury, Herefordshire Family History Guide
Avenbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Other places included in the parish: Munderfield Row
Parish church: St Mary
Parish registers begin: 1661
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Parishes adjacent to Avenbury
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Avenbury, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; on the river Frome, 1 ½ mile SSE of Bromyard, and 7 ½ E of Dinmore r. station. It includes a detached tract, situated near Bridenbury; and its post-town is Bromyard under Worcester. Acres, 3,233. Real property, £4,155. Pop., 371. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. Limestone occurs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £80. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. There was anciently a small priory.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Avenbury, 1 mile S.E. Bromyard. P. 382.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Hancocks Richard, Avenbury, Herefordshire, dealer in horses, April 27, 1825.
West Edward. Little Froome, Avenbury, Herefordshire, miller, Oct. 18, 1823.
Yapp Richard and George Hopton, Avenbury, cattle dealers, Sept. 24, 1830.
Family History Links
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Bromyard
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Frome
- Poor Law Union: Bromyard
- Hundred: Broxash
- Province: Canterbury