Malvern Wells, Worcestershire Family History Guide
Malvern Wells is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Worcestershire, created in 1836 from Hanley Castle Ancient Parish.
Parish church: St. Peter built 1836
Parish registers begin: 1836
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
Parishes adjacent to Malvern Wells
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MALVERN WELLS, a chapelry in Hanley-Castle parish, Worcester; on the Worcester and Hereford railway, under the Malvern hills, 2 miles S of Great Malvern. It was constituted in 1836; it shares with Great Malvern the character of a watering-place; and it has a post office, designated Malvern Wells, Worcestershire, and a railway station. Pop. in 1861, 558. Houses, 104. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rev. F. Hopkinson. The church is a modern stone edifice, with a tower; and was repaired in 1862. There are a parochial library and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Malvern Wells, about two miles from the village of Great Malvern. Here are two medicinal springs; that called Holy Well is the most frequented. There are also several hotels and boarding houses, where the company may either reside in private apartments, of partake of the social meals provided after the manner of Buxton, Harrowgate [sic], &c.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Malvern directories, 1820-1862 – FamilySearch
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Upton upon Severn
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Powyke
- Poor Law Union: Upton upon Severn
- Hundred: Pershore
- Province: Canterbury