Contents hide

Abbotts Moreton is a parish and village 12 miles E. from Worcester, 8 N. from Evesham, and 5 S.W. from Alcester. The parish contains 1,400 acres, and 260 inhabitants The living is a Rectory, in the gift of G. J. A. Walker, Esq., of Norton-juxta Kemsey, and incumbency of the Rev. Thomas Walker, M.A., Prebendary of Wolverhampton. The church is situated at the S.W. end of the village, and is an ancient stone building, capable of seating about 180 people; service once each Sunday, alternately morning at 11, and afternoon at 3. William Harris is clerk, and a Sunday School is taught in connection with the Church.

Angell John, constable

Briney Thomas, farmer

Cowley William, farmer

Farr Charles, farmer

Garfield John, blacksmith

Garfield Richard, carpenter

Harris John, farmer

Harris Naboth, farmer, Glebe farm

Harris W. parish clerk

Harris W. shopkeeper and shoemaker

Perks William, farmer

Sandles Elizabeth, vict. Red Lion, Goom’s Hill

Surman Jane, shopkeeper

Walker Rev. Thomas, M.A. Rectory, Goom’s Hill

Webber R. farmer, Lowe-farm

White Harry, shoemaker

Wixon Thomas, tailor

Source: Bentley’s history, guide, and alphabetical and classified directory, of the borough of Evesham of the market towns of Pershore, Shipston-upon-Stour, and Upton-upon-Severn, and the villages of Broadway and Great Malvern; and an history and alphabetical directory of seventy-eight parishes in the county south of the city of Worcester … forming vol. III of Bentley’s history, directory, and statistics of Worcestershire. Published 1840 by Printed for the proprietor, by Bull & Turner in Birmingham.