Alfrick is a chapelry of Suckley Ancient Parish in Worcestershire
Church: St Mary Magdalene.
Parish registers begin: 1656
The village church is dedicated to Saint Mary Magdalene. It has original sandstone window casings, Dutch stained glass and exposed internal roof beams. On the exterior of its tower is a sundial 
Parishes adjacent to Alfrick
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Alfrick, a township-chapelry in Suckley parish, Worcester; near the river Teme, 7½ miles W of Worcester. It has a post-office under Worcester. Acres, 1,790. Pop., 474. Houses, 99. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory of Suckley. Charities, £14.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Alfrick, in Suckley parish. P. 434
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Alfrick, a chapelry, in the parish of Suckley, union of Martley, Upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, Worcester and W divisions of the county of Worcester, 7 miles (W by S) from Worcester; containing 434 inhabitants. It is bounded on the north by the river Teme, and consists of 1645 acres; the surface is undulated, and very well wooded and watered. The tithes have been commuted for a rentcharge of £240; and there is a glebe of 2½ acres, with a property in the chapel yard. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a free school with an endowment of £10 per annum.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840
Alfrick, a hamlet and chapelry in the parish of Suckley, union of Martley, county of Worcester; 8 miles west by south of Worcester; on a branch of the Teme. Living, a curacy in the archd. and dio. of Worcester, but not in charge, being appended to the rectory of Suckley. There is a free school here, with an endowment of £8 per annum. The other charities connected with this chapelry produce the yearly sum of £6 2s. Pop., in 1801, 396; in 1831, 493. Houses 96. Acres 1,790. A. P. £1,790. Poor rates, in 1837, £210.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
Alfrick, a chapelry in the parish of Suckley, upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, county of Worcester, 7 miles (W. by S.) from Worcester, containing 445 inhabitants. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary. Here is a free school with an endowment of £10 per annum.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Alfrick – a hamlet in the parish of Suckley, hundred of Doddingtree, upper division, 7 miles W. from Worcester, containing 83 inhabited houses: the inhabitants have a chapel of their own, which is kept in good repair; they likewise contribute towards the support of the church at Suckley. Population, 1801, 396 – 1811, 404 – 1821, 445.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Allies Edward, Alfrick, Worcester, timber merchant, Aug. 24, 1841.
Family History Links
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Martley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Powick
- Poor Law Union: Martley
- Hundred: Doddingtree
- Province: Canterbury
- Highway District: Martley
- Polling District: Suckley
- County Court District: Worcester
- Petty Sessional Division: Worcester