Last Updated on
Cold Weston is a small parish, 8 miles north-north-east from Ludlow, in the southern division of the county, lower division of the hundred of Munslow and Overs, Ludlow union, and diocese of Hereford. The church of St. Mary is a small and ancient building. The living is a rectory, yearly value about £105, in the gift of the Hon. Mrs. Spencer Lyttleton and Lady Carew. The soil is clayey and limey; the subsoil is freestone. The area is 425 acres, and the population in 1861 was 36; gross estimated rental, £310; rateable value, £265. Thomas Keysell, Esq., of Weston Court, is the principal inhabitant.
Letters through Ludlow.
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.’s, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Shropshire 1871